1. Your agreement with us
The agreement once signed and dated can not be altered in any way unless agreed to in writing and signed on behalf of you and us.
2. Rental Period
We agree that you may have the vehicle until the return date stated, we may agree to extend this rental period, but the rental period may never be more than 3 months. We may require you to pay any additional deposit if we agree to extend the rental period.
3. Your responsibilities
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys, you must always lock the vehicle and secure all of its parts when unattended.
- You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission, if we give you our permission, it will be for an authorised dealer only and we will only give you a refund if you hand over the receipt for any works done.
- You must inspect the vehicle, prior to taking possession of it.
- You must stop using the vehicle and contact us as soon as you become aware of any faults with the vehicle.
- You must bring the vehicle back to us during normal business hours and by prior arrangement only, one of our staff must see the vehicle and check that it has been returned in good condition. If we have agreed that you may return the vehicle outside business hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until it is re-inspected by a member of our staff.
- You must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle before bringing it back, as we can not take responsibility for items left in the vehicle.
- You must not smoke or allow any passengers to smoke in this vehicle at any time.
- By signing this agreement you are liable for any parking tickets, speeding fines and any offences committed with respect to the vehicle for the purposes of the road traffic offences act 1988, any penalty charge notice issued in respect of the vehicle under the London local authorities and transport for London act 2003, any excess charge or penalty charge for parking which may be incurred in pursuance of any order under section 45 and 46 of the road traffic regulation act 1984 or under section 66 of the road traffic act 1991, any charges and penalty charges incurred under a road user charge scheme established pursuant to the transport act 2000 or the greater London authority act 1999 or the transport (Scotland) act 2001.
4. Use of the Vehicle
- The vehicle must not be used by anyone other than you the hirer or any other named driver on the agreement.
- By anyone without a full valid UK driving licence for the class or use of the vehicle rented or anyone under the age of 30 years.
- For any illegal purpose.
- For racing, pace making, testing the vehicles abilities and speed or teaching someone to drive.
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Outside the United Kingdom unless specific written permission has been granted by us.
- Overload with more passengers than seat belts or over the weight restrictions for the vehicle.
- To propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer.
- Other than on a paved public highway, public road or driveway.
- I understand the controls of the vehicle and I am aware of its performance characteristics
- All charges are for a minimum period of 1 day.
- For all rental terms shown as 1 week = 7 days hire.
A refuelling charge will be based on the consumption for the difference in fuel level if the vehicle is returned with less fuel than when you rented. You will not receive a refund if the vehicle is returned with more fuel than when you received it.
- Additional obligations; you shall pay us on demand. All fines and court costs for parking, bus lanes, congestion charges, traffic or other offences assessed against the vehicle, you or other authorised driver or us until the vehicle is returned, unless caused through our own fault.
- A reasonable administration fee for processing any fines or offences against the vehicle, you or us during the rental period, unless caused through our own fault.
- Our costs including reasonable legal fees where permitted by law, incurred collecting payments due from you under this agreement
- A reasonable collection fee if the vehicle is not returned to the original or agreed place of hire
- In the case of damage to, loss of theft of, or any part or accessory howsoever caused to the vehicle. Including all glass and windscreen.
- Loss of revenue at the daily rate agreed based on our losses of income of the vehicle.
- A reasonable charge will be made for valeting the vehicle if returned in an unacceptable condition, including the neutralising of unpleasant odours such as smoking.
- Towing, storage and impound fees.
- We shall have the sole right and responsibility to repair the vehicle and shall attempt to repair the vehicle and process any insurance claim in a timely manor. Your liability for damage to, loss or theft of the vehicle.
- You will pay the VAT and all other taxes if any are payable on any of the charges listed above.
- You are responsible for all charges even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them. You agree that we will compute and debate final charges from your credit card and or debit card, if that is the form of deposit or security being used. All charges are subject to final audit. We will try to notify you before debiting from your credit card and/or debit card charges which are finalised or come to light after the end of the agreement.
6. What to do if the Vehicle is in an accident or stolen
- You must report the accident or theft to us immediately by phone on 01707 64 90 90 and then in writing giving full details within 48 hours.
- You and any driver should collect the names and addresses of anyone involved, including witnesses and give them to us and to the police and advise if CCTV in operation.
- You and any driver must forward to us any notices or other documents relating to any legal proceedings arising out of the accident or theft.
- You agree to provide assistance to us and our insurers in any legal proceedings including allowing proceedings to be brought by us in your name and defending any proceedings brought against you.
- You must return the original keys and report the theft to the police as soon as possible if the vehicle is stolen.
- Failure to comply with any of the above could leave you personally liable to all costs.
7. Ending the agreement
We may end this agreement straight away and without notice if you breach any of the terms and conditions herein. We retain any other rights and remedies provided by law. We can repossess the vehicle and charge you if we do this and you do not have the right to any compensation. If you continue to operate the vehicle after the right to do so is terminated, you agree we have the right to notify the police the vehicle has been stolen. You hereby release and discharge us from any liability arising from such notice.
- Should you cancel your booking any time up to 7 days before your Hire Start Date, you will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of Hire Start Date but more than 3 days prior to Hire Start Date will result in a full refund less an administration charge of £50.00 + vat
- Cancellations made within 3 days of Hire Start Date or failure to show up to collect your vehicle at the agreed time and date will incur a cancellation fee equal to the cost of the first 3 days of hire.
- Charges for alterations to the Hire Start Date and any changes to the period of hire are subject to the discretion of the management and current availability.